Thank you to Southside Tire for the wonderful presentation which can be found HERE
We voted on Jarrett Cortez as the Winter 2019 Scholarship recipient. He attends WCTC and works for Bluemel’s Maintenance.
We also discussed the following topics:
- Next month’s meeting will be at WCTC to tour the Diesel facility.
- Tire prices are set to rise 4% +
- Continental Tire has opened a research facility on Dandelion rubber
- Trailer units set another record in Nov 2018 at 43,600
- Class 8 production is also said to rise from 315,000 in 2018 to 350,000 in 2019
- The industry is currently short 50,000 drivers
- AJ and Airoldi have been finding large coolant leaks in new Volvo trucks. It appears an O-ring where the oil cooler meets the pump is faulty.
- New Volvo trucks also appear to have a problem with window wash check valves or filters falling apart.